Ok so here is the story.
On May 9th I went into see my Dr. I was having a lot of pressure and was really uncomfortable. Once he checked me out he found that I was 80% effaced and dialted to a 2. He decided to strip my membranes and said if I was ready my body would do the rest. When Brandon got home from work we ran to Target got a bottle stand and picked up some pjs for the hospital for me. We also stopped by Sam's club and picked up some fresh pineapple. I woke up at 1am and noticed I was having some stomach pains. I laid there and tried to get comfortable and then realized it wasn't just a stomach ache, I was having contractions! I woke Brandon up at 2:00am and had him start me a bath. We timed my contractions and they were 3 minutes apart. I laughed because my sister's birthday is on the 10th and I told her if I had my baby on her birthday I was returning her present. I called my mom and she rushed over to stay with Bindi while we ran to the hospital. I was so worried it was going to be false labor, but Brandon rushed me out the door. We arrived at the hospital at 3:00 am and they hooked me up to the monitors. after an hour they checked me and I was at a 3 and my contractions were pretty strong. It was official I was in active labor! They moved me up to the room where I would be delivering and let me walk around to help my labor progress. My contractions were getting stronger and stronger and at 5 am they decided to recheck me. I was 100% effaced and at a 4 almost 5. They called for my anesthesiologist and when he arrived I was very happy to see him! He gave me my epidural and right as he was giving it I started to have a huge contraction (which just about did me in.) About an hour later I was laying in my bed cracking jokes with Brandon and I looked at him and said, "I think my water just broke." He laughed and said, " what do you mean you think?" I said, " well I can't tell considering I can't feel much." So we paged the nurse and she came and sure enough my water had broke." My Dr. came in shortly after that to check me and let me know that he was there. The nurse told him that the as they checked I was a 5 so she was thinking I would probably be around a 7. My Dr. looked up at me and said, " wanna have a baby?" I said, "heck yes? How soon?" He informed me that I was at a 10 and the baby was already on his way. I could not believe how fast things went. 2 Contractions and 6 pushes later my beautiful baby Kru came! I opened my eyes and they laid him on my chest and I could NOT believe it! I watched Brandon cut the cord and I just sat there in complete awe. With Bindi everything was so fast paced and scary, but with Kru I was able to take in every second and actually enjoy it. My Dr. and I cracked jokes and I watched them get Kru all cleaned up. He weighed 7lbs. 2 oz and was 18 inches long. They brought him back to me and laid him on my chest and I just laid there and enjoyed every minute of it. He didn't look anything like Bindi, but he looked just like his daddy! Brandon and I sat there and just stared at him, we couldn't believe he was here. Shortly after that my dad came (very convenient to have your dad work at the hospital you give birth at.) My dad got to sit and hold him for a while and then my mom, Tavia and Bindi came. Bindi could have cared less and was more worried that she was going to have to leave Grandma's side then she was about her new little brother. Shortly after that they moved me to my room and got us all settled. I begged my nurse to please take the iv out of my hand... and after a few threats of me pulling it out myself she agreed. We got to go home the next day.
I have to tell you I was really worried about having a little boy. I was also worried that I wasn't going to have that instant connection that I had with Bindi. But, I have to tell you, the connection was there and I am loving having this sweet little boy. So far he is an excellent sleeper. I feed him at 12:00 before I go to bed and then I have to wake him up at 3 am to feed him and then he will sleep until about 6! He loves to be held. He has a constant scowl on his face and has lots of black hair ( I swear he is yours Brandon). And now I will stop with the blah blah blah and show you how stinkin cute this kid really is.

Kru Bradley Gatewood



4 comments:
Congrats Taly!! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly this time. He is adorable and I love his little scowl!
Congratulations, he's so cute!
I can't get over how stinkin' cute he is. He is DEFINITELY going to be a little heartbreaker :) I'm so glad this birth was easier and more low key and that you got to actually enjoy it. That's what it's all about. Love you tons!
Congratulations! It's just a miracle how they are each so different from the beginning, isn't it? He is adorable. Enjoy every moment!
Post a Comment