CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wahoo!

Okay so we did this a while ago, but I never posted the pics. And by we I mean Brandon, I can honestly say I did absolutely nothing to help besides spray him with the hose, only because I thought it was rather warm to be doing yard work, I did not do it for my own pleasure. Anyway, Brandon and I's backyard when we bought the house was...well... a little on the ghetto trash side, there were some really weird things that were just dumped back there. We didn't even want to look outside, let alone let our dogs back there, so Brandon got to work. First we had a really awesome guy come and lay our patio. Then we had to get all the pavers up, and once again by we I mean Brandon. Then he had to shovel ALL the rock out, we listed it under free stuff on craig's lists and it was all gone within a few hours. Brandon leveled everything out and then filled it with good soil, we then picked out a tree (which I named Claire, yes I named our tree) and planted it. Then the following day they laid all the sprinkles and got that whole thing working. Then finally our beloved grass! I have dogs and I love them dearly and was so happy to give them grass so their little feet didn't have to go across the nasty rock backyard. Brandon asked me the other day if I liked our backyard and the answer is YES, YES, YES, I know its little, but its our little oasis. We have a patio set with a fire pit in the middle and this week we sat out in our backyard and roasted marshmallows at like 11:00 at night. Its also nice because Bindi can run around and play back there now.



8 comments:

Tippy Wild said...

Your backyard is super cute! You guys did a great job with it.

Rebecca Hunt said...

You're so lucky.... I want a house to call my own! I love the yard, and Claire is so cute! :)

Joy said...

Wow! What a transformation! It looks so fantastic. Good job, Brandon.

Kari said...

Hello! I got the comment you left on my blog and I have to give all the credit to my sweet friend Rachael. She has a little girl 1 year older than Bree and she gives me her hand-me-downs. Most of the dresses are from Old Navy and BabyGap. I've bought a few from Children's place too. You can find really good deals online. :) Good luck!

Thanks so much for checking up on us. It means so much to know so many people from all over have prayed for our little Breezy. She's doing so well these days, it's like she never had cancer!

Summers said...

Wow that is awesome!! I wish I had a backyard!!!

Amanda said...

I always think that those rocks look so hot! I wouldn't want to go with the desert landscape b/c it's hot enough as it is, don't make it worse by changing your yard to look even hotter!! Bring on the grass and the green! Good job guys! It looks so much more cool and inviting!

Heidi Lapray said...

That looks great! Jack would like to come leave you a "grasswarming" present! :)

Mandi Roth said...

It looks great! Good Job Brandon!!